We really tried to be disciplined this go around. The day of the transfer we went shopping and found a VHS version of Look Who's Talking for our viewing pleasure that night. I had an acupuncture appointment that afternoon which went fine. I went for a walk after work each day, followed our meal plan to a T, performed the meditation exercises daily, and Leslie blended pineapple cores which are thought to increase the chance of implantation.
Symptoms this time around were similar to the last go around. Leslie has become a champ at administering the progesterone shots so they do not even hurt anymore. I was peeing every hour---that's what you get for drinking 90 ounces + of water each day. I was burping approximately five days after transfer. Around seven days of transfer I noticed my veins all over my body were very blue. It was pretty dramatic.
We did not POAS---it just caused too much stress the last go around and this time we were going to just wait. In addition, I was given strict orders from Leslie that I was not allowed to go to any 2WW blogs. I had a three day trial starting day 9 following the transfer. The last day of trial was our blood test day. I had Court right at 8:00am and the doctor's office is 30 minutes away. My appointment was at 7:30 but I got to the office at 7am and the nurse was there and took my blood sample right away---THANK YOU! We scheduled the call at 12:30pm.
On my drive to Court I was feeling nauseous---great, that has to be a sign!
I finished my morning hearing, my alarm went off at 12pm (pre-approved by the Judge) for my second estrogen pill of the day (it was impossible for me to remember the four pills without having the phone alarms). We took the lunch break and I immediately went to the hall to wait for the call. I turned on my phone and noticed I had a voicemail already. I listened to the voicemail and it was the doctor apologizing that the test was negative. I was devastated. I went to a corner of the courthouse where no one was around and just cried and cried. I called Leslie to deliver the bad news and she too was devastated; we really thought we were pregnant this time. We both had to pull it together as we had full afternoons. On my way to the Courthouse cafeteria I ran into my mentor who noticed something was wrong. I filled her in and vented the frustrations of the process. I pulled it together and rocked the rest of my trial. Bonus--it was Friday.
After work we ordered everything on the menu at Glass Nickel Pizza---well almost, we ordered pizza, a breadstick appetizer, alfredo pasta, and two cookies for dessert. We paired our eloquent dining experience with red wine. We ordered two red box movies and decided to have a veg-out evening. I cannot imagine going through this process with anyone else. Leslie is my rock. Despite the depressing news of the day, our love for the other and determination to grow as a family is still going strong. We decided to take a month off from the process and get a second opinion from another fertility doctor in the area to make sure we are on track.
The following Monday I received a lovely card from my mentor:
"Ladies,
As I learned last week from "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,": "It will turn out right in the end, and if it is not right, it's not the end!"
Keep the faith!
Love,
Pat"
No comments:
Post a Comment