We had the hysteroscopy and the doctor found some calcification within my uterus. According to Leslie, she was able to remove as much as she could. She performed a biopsy as well and what she thought was inflammation turned out to be muscle. Nonetheless, I am on a antibiotic for 30 days. I am also taking a probiotic to balance out.
I had an acupuncture appointment last week and I feel re-energized. I will continue acupuncture weekly through the next cycle.
My doctor had a last minute test she wanted me to obtain-a prolactin test. In order to provide the sample for the test I was not to have any breast stimulation. Leslie was out of town so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. But it turns out I tend to touch my own breasts while on the phone-weird. So I had a friend come over as I clearly knew I would not do this with company present. So the next morning I was ready for this last minute test. It turns out my prolactin levels were high so I am also on a medication to lower my prolactin test. I was reading online (I know, I told myself I wasn't going to do this) and found that high prolactin levels can impact implantation.
With that said, the plan is that we will start again at the end of this month. I am to make an appointment with my doctor on day two of my next period. In addition to making sure she does not note calcification during my ultrasounds, my doctor is also adding prednisone to this cycle as well.
Fingers crossed. Feeling positive. Leslie and I have come to believe that perhaps we were just meant to have girls :).
Hi girls, my partner and I are planning reciprocal IVF for next year and are in the same position as you in November 2011. Thank you so much for sharing your story, we have followed your journey and it has taught us a lot. We hope that the next installment brings positive news and will be sensing positive thoughts your way in the meantime! Good luck, we have every belief you will get there :) Lindsey
ReplyDelete