So I have been on Lupron for approximately three weeks now and estrogen and baby aspirin for approximately two weeks. We had our follow up ultrasound to check the uterine lining and I was just shy of the "seven" target that my doctor was looking for. I had the three layers but she wants to see my uterine lining above seven before Leslie starts to grow eggs.
We were very close so it was a judgment call, however, with how much we are paying we do not want to rush the process. We have been keeping track of the expenses thus far for doctors
appointments, sperm (don't forget about the shipping and freezing
costs), and medications and we are now over $20,000 in. Here's to hoping that we are successful with our first IVF. In the meantime, we have Leslie's follistim in the fridge ready and waiting for my uterine lining.
I do not have far to go so the doctor increased my estrogen to four
pills per day (from three) and prescribed two estrogen patches that I
change every three days. I was experiencing hot flashes and I developed a rash when I first started taking the estrogen. In addition, I was pretty short fused after taking it about a week. So Leslie was less than pleased with the thought of an increased dose of estrogen with a presumably increased level of side effects. After two days I am starting to have headaches and the hot flashes are more prominent. But hey, hopefully this means my uterine lining is growing and at our next appointment (Friday) we will hear that we can start growing eggs :).
No comments:
Post a Comment