Sunday, July 15, 2012

2WW Part I

Day 1:  Yesterday was nice and calm.  After the transfer, we went to Chipotle for lunch, then we went to the bank as we needed to get cash for our upcoming vacation, then we went to the zoo to check out the animals.  I was still feeling the effects of the valium so I was calm and up for anything.  We went home after the zoo and I made dinner while Leslie caught up on some work.  We watched a little tv and turned in early.

We both went to work today and around noon I received the call regarding the number of eggs that were frozen.  Of the two that were questionable (one boy and one girl) the girl did not make it to A so we have five frozen---three girls and two boys.

I really have no symptoms that would tell me I'm pregnant.  I am feeling bloated but that is probably due to the progesterone shots.

Day 2:  I am very aware of every little movement in my body.  I have been on the 2WW forums and I keep wondering---am I feeling cramping?  But then I think it was just gas.  I have been burping quite a bit and am peeing more frequently.  But on the other hand, I am drinking more water so no identified symptoms.

Day 3:  I had what I thought was cramping in the middle of the night that woke me up (but could have been gas).  I drank some water as I have been really thirsty and don't want to get dehydrated.

Day 4:  Last day of the work week----good thing and bad thing.  We went to a Mallards game tonight just ourselves.  No additional symptoms---still bloated and still burping :).  My boobs are certainly bigger from when we started but that kicked in with the first round of pills/shots so again, this could be the progesterone and estrogen I am taking.

Day 5:  I was up in the middle of the night/or early in the morning (4:30am) to pee and Leslie and I decide to POAS for the first time.  We wait the full three minutes as we promise ourselves we are not going to be bummed if it comes back negative because it is still early.  BFN.  We go back to sleep for a few hours and I was up around 9am and am back to my 2WW forums to confirm that others who ended with positives had BFNs at this time.   I am also checking on symptoms but the challenge is that most IVF reporters are women who had a retrieval and then an implantation just days later so some of their symptoms could have been from the retrieval.  I am comforted to see that many do not have any symptoms at all.  We decide we are going to wait until Monday to POAS again.

We went downtown for artfair on the square and went to the Madison Cougars football game that night which was great to keep our mind off things.  I made chicken thighs for dinner but neither of us was really hungry.  The smell of the chicken was kind of grossing me out when we got back to the car which Leslie thought may be a sign but it could have been that we were hot all day with no desire to eat.  Peeing every hour but I'm drinking water every hour it seems so again no symptoms.

Morning of Day 6:  Well I was up again at 4:30 to pee, decided to go back to sleep and leave the stick alone.  I only take a sip of water and go back to bed.  But then I woke up again at 8:00am.  My pee has been pretty clear lately from being so hydrated.  I thought that maybe my pee is maybe too watered down and since I didn't drink much water at 4 and I am thirsty that maybe my pee will have traces of HCG now for the FRER to pick up something???  Leslie is asleep and had a few beers last night at the after party so I let her sleep while I POAS (I know I know we said wait til Monday but based on my calculations (I bought 6 FRER sticks) I have enough to get me to the blood test).  I wait the three minutes BFN---I kept reading about the faint lines that others were getting so I am straining to see anything and there is nothing.  So now I decide how to fill my day.  I am thinking yard work then we are babysitting a 2 year old for a friend--back to the zoo :).

No comments:

Post a Comment