It's the night before egg retrieval. Lucky us, timing worked out so that
they are retrieving on the 4th of July. So our plans to attend a MLB
game are out the window... oh well.
I've been taking follestim since
last Friday (11 days ago) to stimulate my ovaries. And for past 5 days,
I've taken Ganarelix to keep my ovaries from ovulating and losing all
the eggs. that means that i've gotten 2 shots a day for 5 days.
The themselves shots are not too bad, but every once-in-a-while we will
hit a capillary and it will bleed. This is almost always followed by a
nice little bruise on my stomach for a few days.
We've had to go
in for an ultrasound every 3 days. They've counted the sacks each day
and we're predicting that tomorrow we'll get a good number of eggs
(30+). We know that this number is much higher than the number of
fertilized eggs that make it to day 5, but we are still excited.
last night at 10 pm, we did a trigger shot of 40units of Lupron.
Since
today's the last day before egg retrieval, it seems fitting for me to
now complain about the bloating in my lower stomach. I can definitely
feel my ovaries. When I am sitting down, which is most of the time, I
cannot really feel them unless I think about it. It's when I am walking
around that they are bothersome. It feels like I am trying to walk
around while doing a crunch... but it's not my abs, it's lower.
The worst feeling (which I would actually qualify as "pain") was from
riding my motorcycle. It's been pretty hot here, so the pavement has
been buckling a little. Every little bump completely jars my insides and
is mightily un-enjoyable.
What is really neat about this time in our process is that my wife,
Erica, has taken to talking to my belly as if I were pregnant. I really
like this and it's neat to think I'm growing 1/2 of our future children,
inside of me right now.
I'm excited for tomorrow. It's been 3 months since I've had
caffeine or a substantial amount of alcohol. While I'm not going to go
hogs-wild tomorrow, I am looking forward to feeling more awake at work
and to a beer or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment