Thursday, July 5, 2012

Egg retrieval

We had the retrieval yesterday which went well.  Leslie was thoroughly enjoying the sedatives and decided to tell the doctor "all of her secrets"----that would have been a hoot to be in the operating room during that procedure.

I was in the recovery room waiting---I had my fancy zip up overalls, hair net, and shoe covers.  It was really hot in the room (because it was 105 degrees outside) so it felt like forever as I was waiting for the nurse to wheel Leslie back.  The receptionist came to keep me company a few times as the procedure went longer than expected.  But for good reason----we had 26 EGGS!!!!  So excited.  Today is day 0 so tomorrow they will call with the number they were able to fertilize.

Leslie is recovering well.  The nurse was demonstrating the progesterone shot for her (after she regained full memory skills) and she turned green.  She vomited twice on the way home--likely due to the maneuvers I had to make in my quest to find her food on the fourth of July.  We stayed in that day to rest and watched Lost on Netflix and played Settlers of Catan with our friend Val.  Now we wait as our eggs grow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment